I am a closet eater. At parties and social gatherings, I hardly eat a thing. I don't want to make a spectacle of myself and I don't want to run in to the food police. If the fat girl doesn't eat in front of people, the fat girl does not get judged. I have overheard things like "how does she expect to lose weight when she eats that?" etc. I eat healthy for the most part. I love fresh fruit and veggies! I eat a lot of low fat, high fiber food (my portions need some work).
When no one is looking though, that is when I indulge. Not huge binges but that is when I eat sugary, fatty foods, when I am stressed an no one is watching. I'll get fries at the drive through or grab a candy bar at the store that I stick in my purse to be eaten in the car before I get where I am going etc.
I knew when I began, that this blog might not be so pretty but I am here to honestly take the weight off once and for all.
Read about my day and then fast forward to just after I wrote the letter to the principal when I quietly excused my self from my hubby and kids to "go do something". I went in to the pantry and got the box of candy down from the top shelf and comforted my stress with chocolate. 6 fun size candy bars later and a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach made me realize I had to come out and admit my short coming. I am a junky. It's sick! I have an addiction that I need to overcome. I will do this for my husband (he is amazing and still sees me as beautiful with all of the extra weight) I will do this for my kids. I will do this for my self.
Oh Heidi, how could you not eat the chocolate!!! Don't worry, no judgement coming from me. You can do this. I know you can. Hang in there!!! I hope tomorrow is better for you and Bekah.
ReplyDeleteBig, big hugs, Heidi! I'm totally a stress eater too. Food is my comfort. It's hard to get away from that and learn new comforting habits. Hang in there. Change takes time, but it does happen!
ReplyDelete