If you read about Thursday, it was a wash all around, too much stress to put the effort out to exercise. It was a beautiful fall day yesterday so I decided to make up for the bad day by taking the family out on a nice hike. We walked about 5.5 miles (or so). The trail we chose is 3.1 miles one way but we started up a ways from one end.
It took us about 2 hrs to travel down and back. The weather couldn't have been more perfect 68 and sunny! There was a crispness to the air that kept us from getting too hot a sweaty as we walked. It felt so good to be outdoors together as a family!
When we got home we enjoyed some pulled pork that I made in the crock pot. Everyone else had a sandwich but I made mine into a nice salad. (greens, cucumber, snap peas, grape tomatoes, pineapple and pork- the bbq sauce made a great dressing)
Here are some photos of our walk:


Beautiful pictures! And way to go! That's a whole lot of walking! Great job! Keep it going, Heidi!
ReplyDeleteLove the salad idea! We're big pulled pork/chicken people over here. LOVE IT!!!!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work...proud of you!
Keep it up Girl Friend! I am a huge salad fanatic. I am feeling a little gross as I ate pizza last night and this morning - UGH. I may start my own page of keeping me honest with my food...I definitely has some night-time snacking issues.
ReplyDeleteI am proud of you and I am sure you are of yourself. You and the family are benefiting from your efforts!