Sunday, October 31, 2010

My biggest weakness...

My biggest weakness is my family.  If they have to sacrifice then it's not worth the effort to me.  This week has been a challenge for that reason when it comes to exercise.  It has been rainy and cold so, not a good idea to pack the baby up in a stroller and go for a walk.  My seven year old has needed me at the school every day this past week.  Baby (ok really he's a toddler but I'm still in denial) has had strange sleeping habits and been crabby, needing me to sit and nurse him quite often.  These are not excuses, just what my life has been like this week.  My husband has been extra busy with searching for jobs and trying to put on some classes because he lost his largest paying client.  (this was a bitter sweet parting because this was a difficult client, creating more stress many times than the money was worth)  That being said he hasn't had the time to watch the kids so I could go out for a walk on my own. 

I have been creative and turned on music to dance with the baby.  I got a few bounces on the exercise trampoline in (with the baby helping me of course).  I did walk a half of a mile one morning before it started to rain.  When I had errands etc to do I parked as far as I could from the door so I got a little walk in there too.  I'm not sure this all added up to much.  It was something, though not as satisfying as my four to five mile daily walks were.  (my seven year old's school is 2-2.5 miles away and I was walking there and then home again later, almost every day when the weather was nice) 

I would love to make a solid plan, like get up every day before everyone and get a good 20-30 min time on the exercise trampoline etc.  Unfortunately though the needs of my family might not fit in to my plan and then I will feel frustrated.  The baby seems to have a mom-dar that goes off when my feet hit the floor.  Some mornings I do get some quiet time alone and on those mornings the trampoline will be my workout buddy.  On the other days I will just take it one day at a time with the goal of doing something active.  I don't know how to not put my family and their needs first.  I'm not in a hurry to lose the weight, this is journey to get and stay healthy.  If I continue to lose 1lb a week then, in two years I will be a lot thinner and healthier.  I'm in this journey for the long haul this time not just a quick fix.  It's all about lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment