Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday- Food day

I decided to make Fridays, the day I post about food.  When  trying to loose weight, life seems to revolve around food.  I am a big believer that everything should be permissible, in moderation of course, unless  medical reasons like celiac or allergies come in to play.  I think when something becomes taboo, we focus more on what we can't have than we do what we can.  One of my favorite go to meal replacement or snacks to keep me going for quite some time is a smoothie.  Here is the recipe for my favorite:

Blueberry Smoothie

1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup plain yogurt (you can use vanilla to make it sweeter)
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 scoop (2 Tablespoons) protein powder (I use brown rice protein powder or milk and egg because I need to avoid soy for the most part)
Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  If you need more flavor you can add splenda or crystal light drink mix to taste with out adding calories, fat or carbs. 

Nutritional Information for the whole thing

300 calories
5g fat
40 g carb
6g fiber
22g  protein

1 comment:

  1. Now that sounds darn good. I eat a TON of veggies and fruits...I am not a big carb eater until after the kids go to bed. Then I may dig into some crackers or something. Veggie Omlette for b-fast, salad for lunch, sometimes a salad for dinner...or soup...or whatever I cook. I am a creature of habit :)

    I hope you have a great w/e Heidi!

    ReplyDelete