I have been sick with the worst cold I can ever remember having over the past few days and it has given me time to think. My last post was pure frustration that the weight is not melting off. I am working hard and I need to give my self credit for what I am doing. I was also a bit disillusioned as I looked in the mirror on my birthday that my middle was saggier than I remember. I have to be realistic. I have had four pregnancies and four c-sections so there is extra skin there and as the fat goes the skin is going to hang a bit. I don't like the way it looks but I have to trust that the skin will catch up to the rest of me...eventually.
Last time I was at the doc, she mentioned having me come back to retest my thyroid because she didn't like what she saw. I had lost that sentence until I was sitting in bed sick and realized that my body may be working against me. My mom and my sister both take thyroid medication. It may not be what is going on but I need to get it checked out just in case. Until then I will keep working hard to become and stay healthy as I balance my busy life.
Health is so much more that just the outer appearance of ones body. I could go on and on about all of the things that health entails. Each of us have to answer that for ourselves. What does health look like in my own life and how am I going to strive to find it?
As we wrap up 2010 and move on to 2011, I will probably not continue to be consistent in blogging here and have purchased a journal as a more private way to work through the stuff in my head when it come to my weight. This particular blog has brought a lot of pain in to my life with comments etc that I don't need. (not published) I do appreciate those of you that have been supportive and I thank-you for that.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
OMGoodness on the painful comments Heidi! I am sorry...good luck with the journaling. On the skin thing...it will catch up. When I lost 30 lbs 7 years ago...I looked like I had a kangaroo pouch for a couple of months and then it firmed up a bit. I don't know if that provides any comfort to you...but thought I would share.
ReplyDeleteGreat job and good luck at the doctor's office...the Thyroid can work against your efforts BIG TIME.