Hi guys or gals as the case may be. Did you miss me? I have enjoyed the break. Not that I am going to be blogging here on a daily or even weekly basis but I thought an update was in order. I have not been concentrating on numbers and the scale but instead just making healthy choices. Every day I have many opportunities to make a healthy choice and I have been trying to do that often. My husband and I bought Insanity for each other for Christmas (we found a great deal on a brand new one on craig's list) and to gear up for that I have been spending hours playing Just Dance on the wii with the kids. I'm not quite ready to go insane (lol) with my work outs.
I have been doing a lot of research on different ways of eating. Specifically Paleo and Raw Food diets. Those of you who follow my other blog know that I have a daughter with type one diabetes. Although some people have claimed being able to cure type one diabetes by eating this way, I don't buy it. I just want to find better health for my whole family. I would not ever be able to get my husband and teens to eat this way. I have been doing the research and being the guinea pig to see what this stuff is all about. I don't believe in using my daughter as a guinea pig or science experiment but I want to have all of the information I can on various different ways of treating her health challenges. At only 7 years old, I believe that putting her on such a restrictive diet would have more detriments especially pycho-socially than benefits. I never want her to think that insulin is a bad thing or harming her in any way, she needs insulin to live. My conclusion to my research is that veggies are always a good thing. In my lowly opinion (I'm not an expert by any means) the food pyramid should be changed to have veggies on the bottom followed by fruit and grains should make their way up the pyramid to only 3 or 4 servings a day. I am trying to find creative ways to get more greens in my family's diet as a whole. I do believe that nothing is entirely bad in moderation.
Even with the changes that I have made, the scale seems to be stuck so I am putting a doctor appointment for me on a higher priority. I need to have a full blood work up done and it is time for my yearly check up anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment